My Photo
Name:
Location: Carrollton, Georgia, United States

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Random events that make up my life

I'm terrible at blogging....for some reason living with Megan made it easy, we over dramatized everything and accompanied by Elisabeth had never ending ridiculous stories to tell. Like getting locked out of my car in the middle of the night and taunting Bo until he woke Megan up to let me in after Elisabeth picked me up from UNC, or training for a half marathon....that one afternoon.

So in an attempt to right my ways here is what I've been up to over the last month....

First my brother and Elisabeth's sister got married, that means I have to be somehow Elisabeth's sister-in-law once removed right? I'll take it! It was a very sweet ceremony and Emily was cute as a puppy, naturally.

That trip also marked the first time I saw Elisabeth since she left for Peru, I almost cried. We have both grown and changed so much, and yet we never really change. Like when we saw each other after about ten years and almost seamlessly picked the friendship back up. Maybe that's what Anne from her little green gable meant about being kindred spirits. Or maybe not, but I'd like to think it's something special. I like special things.

I got to see my extended family for the first time in a long time....since well before my own wedding at least. I got alot of digs about not inviting anybody to the wedding, but what can I say....I'm happy with the choices I made and they will have to get over it if they want to play with the future kids.

Speaking of family I spent Thanksgiving with my new family on the Smith side. It was a blast really...we went up to a cabin in north Georgia and it was like a real family....uncles and cousins and nieces and....everything. It was good for me. As was the cake and wine.

I also turned 24 on the 2nd. It was rather uneventful. Mostly because the day before we traveled to Tennessee for a judo tournament. It lasted all day long and I fought two divisions. I won one and took second in the other. I also got a concussion and pulled a tendon in my wrist and another girl broke her ankle. Then we all went out to dinner and I ate like a maniac!!! It was amazing!

So my birthday was spent sleeping basically all day long...spectacular. Then dinner with dad and Rachel and more eating. It was a good weekend for the belly.

Well I'm off to the gym....more blogging later I promise!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home