My Photo
Name:
Location: Carrollton, Georgia, United States

Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Step by step...

I am slowly but surely in the process of changing my lifestyle to a healthy one. It has not been easy, in fact it's been terribly painful, but I have learned alot.

Here are some of the more significant points in no particular order...

I am a spoiled brat

I have control issues (i.e. fear of not having it)

I will never regret getting up at six and working out, I may regret not doing it. So I should always do what's guaranteed.

A healthy life comes about by making one smart decision at a time.

When trying to get in shape I should never start or stop doing something that I can't keep up forever (cutting out ice cream for example).

Setting tiny, easily achievable goals at first sets up a pattern of success that will get me through when I want to quit.

Wanting to be thin will not help me get in shape.

Wanting to win senior nationals and be able to play with my great grand kids will.

Low calories does not mean good diet.

Food tastes better when I'm hungry the next day than when I'm full right now.

Getting 8 hours of sleep is worth going to bed at 10:00.

Taking control of my food, exercise, and sleep routines helps me to let go in other areas.


So there you go. It's nothing earth shattering, but it is gradually changing my life. And on top of that, it is starting to wake me up to what it means to live a Christ following lifestyle. Those thoughts are much less refined though so it could be a while before you hear more about that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home