My Photo
Name:
Location: Carrollton, Georgia, United States

Monday, October 15, 2007

Home is where you clean alot

I cleaned my apartment from top to bottom on Saturday, Norm was off coaching a judo tournament and I decided to take the day off. I needed a day, all to myself, to regroup from the past several weeks of running around and driving to North Carolina and competing and working and working out.

I didn't get out of bed until 10:45! Then the fun started...

I didn't realize how out of sorts the past couple of weeks had left me until, all alone, just me and the apartment, I began cleaning. I opened the windows and let Fall into the house. I missed her. Then armed with cleaners in various citrus medleys, I chased the stuffy, hot, sticky Summer out.

It was wonderful!

For nearly six hours I picked up, washed, scrubbed, sorted, and folded to my heart's delight.

Anybody that has known me from childhood would be surprised at how much I enjoyed myself and how important that kind of activity is, but this is my apartment. I'm taking care of my family. I love it. I need it. And Norm needs it too.

There is a very delicate balance in our lives, I have found, and housework factors in. When either ends up carrying the whole load, neither is quite right until the balance is reestablished. I never would have guessed that, but with the house sparkling tranquility reigns again and we had a wonderful Sunday!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home