My Photo
Name:
Location: Carrollton, Georgia, United States

Friday, October 20, 2006

About the whore thing

So apparently I offended some people who did not catch the derek webb reference and actually thought I was calling myself a whore in the litteral sense of prostitute etc....I apologize....let me clarify...

I do not actually literally consider myself a whore in the sense of fish net thigh highs on a street corner at 2am. However...

I am often appalled at how quickly I turn from God and his grace and seek satisfaction in ephemeral highs. Christ offers me a position at His side as part of His perfect bride the Church, and washes me clean and sees no scars. I then take that image that He loves so much and throw it back in the mud. So He srugs His shoulders walks over holds out His hand to my muddied up one and starts over. So to recap when I used the quote "I am a whore" from "Wedding Dress" it was reffering to the idea that God offers His unconditional love and I accept that but then try and take off and still do whatever the heck I please while holding onto the title of His child, essentially cheating on the one I vowed to love and live for eternally. My apologies for not being clearer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home