My Photo
Name:
Location: Carrollton, Georgia, United States

Monday, October 16, 2006

Gone to Carolina.....

Nothing would be finer than to be in Carolina in the morning.....whoever sang that obviously didn't mean at 12:30am on a Saturday night. It was a hell of a move and it took the whole judo team on the Georgia end to load me up....four of us to drive up and then four more NC natives met us up here to unload. It may take a village to raise a child but it takes two states to move a Skoly.

All in all everything is amazing here. I love my apartment and getting to see Elisabeth all the time and then of course living with Megan is turning out to be the most amazing decision ever. I did have a good cry when my judo girls shipped out, but it will be good. And then today it really struck me that this is not just a weekend vacation that I have to go home from. I am home. It was a hard wall to run into...I called Kevin amd talked for awhile just to feel connected to the old world for a while. The dojo here is fun though. I worked out for the first time today and it was an amazing decision. I didn't really feel up to it but now I'm glad I did because I am actually starting to feel like I belong here. Now I just have to find a job and I'll be okay. It's going to be amazing it's just hard to rip up all the tender roots that I've managed to put down and transplant. I am settling in and I'm not sorry I moved I just sort of wish I could have brought Georgia with me....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home