My Photo
Name:
Location: Carrollton, Georgia, United States

Monday, January 22, 2007

Wanderlust

I'm reading Steinbeck's Travels with Charley about his trek across the United States back in the fifties. It makes me ache to travel. He talks about places that I have been and it reminds me of the wonder that filled my own soul upon discovery. He speaks of places I haven't been and I'm filled with a burning curiosity to meet them myself and to see things that he hasn't seen. To relearn what once captured my imagination and to visit new places that I've never even thought to imagine.

I need a road trip...I need someplace different to see and to know and to experience. I have been relatively stable over the last several months, but that feeling that never quite dies is starting to creep over me again. I have no desire to move long-term to any new location, I just desire to be moving. I need a roadtrip. A ride to someplace new...

"When I was very young and the urge to be someplace else was upon me I was assured by mature people that maturity would cure this itch...I fear the disease is incurable."

Well said John, well said.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home