My Photo
Name:
Location: Carrollton, Georgia, United States

Thursday, January 25, 2007

A Farewell...

Well I won't be blogging for the next several days since I'm MOVING tomorrow and Saturday. I think I'm going to be sick! Here we go again...

Once again two things I want are mutually exclusive and I have to leave one to get to the other. Once again I will leave alot of people confused and possibly hurt. Once again my life is about to be loaded up into a vehicle and driven far away.

Now I don't want anyone in Georgia thinking that I'm not excited about getting to be near them, or that I'm not overjoyed at the prospect of living within ten minutes of Norm, but I'm going through the transition so it may sound that way.

So here's to North Carolina and everything it's given over the last several months...

To Megan for being the most amazing roommate ever and for helping make our apartment a home and for all the meals you cooked for me and for honestly thinking about cleaning and for the pies and ironing my clothes and dragging Elisabeth and I out of bed so that you could feed us. For supporting all my decisions even if some of them took some convincing.

To Elisabeth for bringing so much laughter and ridiculousness into my life. For keeping me in touch with reality, but joining me when I drifted from it. For all the midnight cookiedough and grilled cheese sandwiches. For that late night trip to the ocean ; ) For watching Bo for the weekend and even letting him sleep in the bed, I appreciate the sacrifice. For being our roommate.

To Sensei Darian for all the time and effort you put into this yellow belt. For all the individual attention and the support when I needed it most. Also for giving me the room with the fireplace and the giant queen sized airbed.

To Shelly for being an amazing workout partner and friend and putting up with all my suckiness. For all the times you made me keep working at a throw until I had it right only to have to start over again the next time.

To Tristan and Shawn for enjoying beating me up just a little too much, and for taking all my big talk in stride and then making me tap out over and over and over and....well just thanks.

To the rest of the North Carolina judoka, thank you all for your dedication to the sport and to your students and fellow judoka.

I know most of these people don't, and probably never will, read this, but I wanted it out there anyway. It makes me feel a little bit better about the abruptness of the move. This place became more of a home in three months than anywhere I've ever been, but it was made that way by people, and if nothing else it taught me the value of having a home and surrounding yourself with people that truly love you.

So I do appreciate everything that I learned over these last several months, it was exactly what I needed when I needed it. Now it's time to look forward though and I have an insane amount of things to do today so in a final toast...

here's to you North Carolina I will miss you dearly!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home