My Photo
Name:
Location: Carrollton, Georgia, United States

Monday, February 26, 2007

Waiting on the World to Change

Well I fought and I fought but I knew they'd get me eventually...

I had to switch to the "new" blogger. It kept getting harder and harder to find the button that would allow me to keep using the old one and finally I got a message saying that I had to switch whether I like it or not.

I guess in the end it's all the same, everything seems to look that way anyway, but it was the principal of the thing!

Why am I so adverse to change? I change all the time, I move, I learn, I move, I travel, I move. So why is that I get upset when other things in my life change? I want everything to stay the same except for me, I'm allowed to grow and expand my horizons and change wholly and completely through and through, but if the color of the shutters on a neighboring house changes I flip out. Very odd.

You know what else is odd? I bought lemon squares today. Okay there is nothing inherently strange about buying lemon squares, unless of course you are either a. allergic to them or b. a cat. Now that would be weird...but I digress...so I bought lemon squares today, you know what...I've decided I don't want to tell this story anymore, so let's pretend it ends here.

Have you ever wanted to be a cat? I have, I still do. I want to be a lot of things like a deer and a panther and wolf and a dolphin and a horse. None of which involve being a secretary for an insurance adjuster. I also want to work in wildlife rehabilitation and be a vet, and I want to take amazing pictures for magazines and travel the world while building homes for people that can't do it themselves. Above everything else in the world though....I want to be a bird, not even some big exotic or powerful bird just a swallow or a wren, actually probably a cardinal, not the evil kind that had it in for the musketeers, the little red ones that eat seeds and flit around. Except I'd have to be a boy, because who wants to be a female cardinal, all brown and quiet. That would be silly.

Hummingbirds are nice too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home