My Photo
Name:
Location: Carrollton, Georgia, United States

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

As yourself...

Christ said to love our neighbors as ourselves. That means to love other people with the same love that we hold for our own lives. Most times this gets translated into put others first...treat others the way you want to be treated...etc. What if you don't love yourself?

Does it work the other way?

If I don't appreciate the supreme gift that is my life can I truly value somebody else's? If I don't see myself as the beautiful child of God that He is slowly and painstakingly pruning to be part of His Son's own Bride, if I don't stand in awe at my own insignificant nature that His love transforms into something priceless and treasured, if I don't respect that my body really is His dwelling pace, a temple crafted for His glory and perfect in all it's "flaws," if I don't truly, honestly and wholeheartedly love myself for who I am in Christ...how could I ever know what it means to love one another as ourselves?

Just a thought.

I may add more later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home