My Photo
Name:
Location: Carrollton, Georgia, United States

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Moving on and out...

So it's all over...I made it through and on Wednesday May 10th 2006 I will officially be a college graduate. I thoroughly bombed my last test and then after waiting for all the other people to catch up so I didn't look like I was done TOO early I skipped, ran and somersaulted my way to my car. I found that not knowing the answers at all relieves all the stress of wondering whether you got a question wrong....you have no bloody idea so any answer is just as good as the next. Sorry Dr. Lee, I love you dearly and I never meant to disappoint you with my final lack of effort, God bless you for giving your life and your heart to your students, it's teachers like you that change lives like mine.

So here we go...on to the next stage of life. I am very curious to see where I go next. I leave for Peru June 1st and I'm becoming a little nervous...the good kind that makes me want to dance around like a leprechuan one second and puke the next. I have no idea what to expect, or what I will go through or how much I will ache for home. I've really been too busy to think about the trip much to be perfectly honest, I have spent the last couple of days moving out of my house, so now I have to spend the next couple of days moving out of my car. I think my jeep belonged to Mary Poppins. I have yet to find it's true capacity.

So for the next three or four weeks I am back to being a nomad, a bird with no nest that just hovers over the city until someone offers her a branch for the night. I don't particulary like being adrift, I prefer to have an anchor point. Don't get me wrong I have plenty of places to sleep, just nowhere to live. I find myself getting off of work and heading toward my house that I don't live in any more and then halfway there realizing what I'm doing and that I really have no place to go so I just drive around town aimlessly until I figure out where I'm going to port for the night. I can't decide whether it's liberating or lonely. Maybe the two go hand in hand, maybe solitude is the price of freedom. Maybe there's some truth to the song that says "freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose." My dad says I'm a desperado, mom says I'm a gypsy, my sister thinks I'm running away, and my friend thinks I just haven't found anything strong enough to hold me. We'll see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home