My Photo
Name:
Location: Carrollton, Georgia, United States

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Nostalgia...

Strange how a song can transport you not only to a different time and place, but also to a totally different state of mind. It's really quite amazing from a behavioral perspective. Why is it that we connect so strongly with sensory things? Smells do basically the same thing, like a particular perfume that takes me back to that summer when I was 18.......anyway...

The other day I was having a perfectly rotty day at work, the weather was bad and I was in trouble for paperwork issues I had no control over. I get into my car turn the radio on and suddenly it's spring of '01, I'm young and in love with life flying down the road with the window's down drunk on the breeze and high on living. Then the song changes and I'm 11 years old running like mad 'cause Josh is right on my heels and I just grabbed the flag. Suddenly a messed up payroll and an office full of invoices doesn't seem to matter any more. They could have fired me that day and I wouldn't have blinked, I might actually have enjoyed it. I think that's just amazing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home